„I cannot sleep” is a complaint that we often hear on the Employee Assistance Program helpline. Sleep deprivation is common in the modern world and hurt us to the extent that we rarely realize. Do you know that short sleep impairs driving abilities in a similar way the way the alcohol does? And drinking coffee only brings an illusion that we can drive safely? Do you know that sleep-deprived leaders send more signals of hostility and distrust to their employees? However, they remain completely unaware when it happens? Why sleep is important and how to take full advantage of its amazing properties – will talk about this in the new, 6-week course.
Week 1: WHY PULLING AN ALL-NIGHTER IS A BAD IDEA
- Is sleep a universal remedy or a waste of time
- How sleep impacts your body, mind, emotions and relationships
- The mythical 8 hours – how much sleep we do need
- What exactly is a good night’s sleep – both quantity and quality matter
- Sleep monitoring – applications, bands, or maybe a diary
Week 2: HOW TO START AND END YOUR DAY WELL
- On fatigue, naps and coffee
- Biological rhythms, how they are regulated by light, diet and exercise
- Night owls and morning larks, and can an owl ever become a lark
- Magical mornings – positive ways to greet the day
- Bedtime routines that can help you sleep
Week 3: WHAT KEEPS YOU AWAKE AT NIGHT – ON SLEEP AND EMOTIONS
- How emotions affect sleep and sleep affects emotions
- Why we delay going to sleep
- Does alcohol really help you relax in the evening?
- Why perfectionists sleep worse and how gratitude works
- Ways to overcome racing thoughts that keep you awake
Week 4: SWEET DREAMS
- Sleep is not uniform – what you should know about sleep cycles
- Remarkable REM sleep and its importance to our emotions
- Close links between sleep problems and depression
- Do we all dream, what are dreams for and why we have nightmares
- Interpretation of dreams and lucid dreaming
Week 5: SLEEP IN SPECIFIC CONDITIONS
- How to prevent jet lag from ruining your trip
- Are new parents doomed to be sleep deprived?
- How to mitigate the negative effects of shift work
- The most common sleep disorders – how to recognise them
- When and where should you seek help
Week 6: CLOSE LINKS BETWEEN SLEEP AND WORK – FOR MANAGERS AND HR
- Sleep deficiency – a serious problem for Polish workforce
- Why should the company encourage employees to sleep well?
- Impact of sleep on work performance and the atmosphere in the workplace
- Do we want to have sleep-deprived leaders?
- The organizational cost of insufficient sleep
- How to design a corporate sleep promotion program
- 6 live meetings
- access to the recordings of all meetings
- a new sleep challenge every week
- course materials
- access to individual consultations if needed
- certificate of participation
If your company is a client of ICAS Poland, you will receive all details about the course from your account manager.
If you do not cooperate with us yet and would like more information, please send us:
- a message in a comment, via https://icas.pl/en webpage
- an e-mail to: email@example.com (Sleep course in the subject line)
- a message on our LinkedIn profile
Please be invited – these 6 weeks not only offer a solid dose of knowledge but a possibility to make real life changes.